[mythtv-users] (please respond) How do you use the keyboard instead of mouse in X?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:29:52 EST 2005

> I'm shocked that I have not heard any answers to this this question.  So
> I'm warming the thread.
>
> I'm also going to ask what I believe is a simpler question.  I did
> verify that my keyboard is not broken by doing Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get to a
> terminal screen (with a cool looking KnoppMyth "LCD TV" border images)
> I can log in and navigate around, but I cannot figure out how to return
> to the x-windows desktop.  All I can do to get back there is to call
> "reboot now".
>
> How do I return to the x-windows desktop after using Ctrl+Alt+F1 to jump
> to a terminal?

If you want to use the keyboard instead of a mouse then Ratpoison may
be the window manager for you. It has no mouse and everything is done
by keys. It's also very lightweight and ideal for something like a
Myth box. Lots of MythTV'ers use it, including myself and I think it's
the cat's whiskers :)

Regards,
Phill