[mythtv-users] iptables and MythTV

Doug Bunger dougbunger at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 19:08:45 EST 2005

You turn off the firewall during instalation, because
you are often using software like apt, yum, up2date,
synaptic, etc to resolve dependancies.  During
operation the open ports will depend on you hardware
deployment:

database needs port 3306 for mysql, usually only tcp
backend needs port 3306 to get to the database
backend needs port 80 to access schedule data, usually
only tcp
backend *may* need 111 for portmap if /mnt/video is on
nfs
backend *may* need random nfs ports as determined by
nfs
backend need ports 42160 & 42161 for streaming,
usually only tcp
(But I hope you got a really good uplink on your
remote if you're gonna try it.)
frontend will probably need all the same.

----- Doug Bunger -------------- dougbunger at yahoo.com -----
------------- http://www.dougbunger.com/ ------------------