[mythtv-users] iptables and MythTV

Kirk Grell kirkgrell at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 18:46:33 EST 2005

In a few of the MythTV How-to's I've read, it's
recommended to turn off the firewall during the Linux
install.  I'm building a MythTV backend at a remote
location and would like to enable the firewall.  What
are the minimum necessary protocols and ports that I
need to setup in iptables so that MythTV will still
work, but the box will still be somewhat secure.

The backend will just be recording shows.  I won't
have a frontend for the time being (will just pull the
shows via sftp as I want to watch them).

I'll also need to be able to schedule recordings
remotely via the web interface.  Is it possible to do
it via https?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kirk