[mythtv-users] Hard-lockup in myth....

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Dec 27 18:32:54 EST 2005

Buzz <buzz at oska.com> says:
> I get a hard-lockup (no mouse/kbd responsiveness, ie no further interrupts,
> video freezes, nill disk activity) in myth (both in 0.18.x from Atrpms and
> CVS) when entering livetv. =

Unless it's been changed in the past few weeks, J. Wilson's Fedora
MythTV howto recommends the Nvidia 7667 drivers, which almost alway
caused hard locks on Live TV. Upgrading to 7676 solved that
issue. (I'm still dealing with the "every sixth or so HDTV and
non-HDTV recording crashes on playback, either immediately or with any
action that displays the OSD" issue, but I recall that it's been fixed
in SVN.)