[mythtv-users] Dual PVR-150's controlling 2 identical cable boxes

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 13:10:33 EST 2005

Hello,

I've come one step closer to a completed MythTV install by ordering an IR
Blaster from www.irblaster.info and a PVR-150 + IR receiver & remote.  I
will be controlling a GI CFT2254 cable box with it.  I think I understand
everything I will need to do to get this system up and running, but I am
curious - will it be possible for me to add a second PVR-150 connected to an
identical CFT2254 and have them change channels independently via lirc?  I'd
like to use one of the tuners for live television, while still having the
option to record via a second cable box at the same time.

Just curious if I'll need to source more hardware when I reach this point in
my project.

Thanks in advance,

~o411