[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 34, Issue 128

Beny Spensieri Jr benyjr at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 27 00:18:19 EST 2005

Yes, wvdial is probably the best solution, but I am
having a dickens of a time finding a website that will
help me setup access to the internet.

I can get wvdial to connect to my ISP as root, but
even if I run mythfilldatabase as root, it can't
connect to the zap2it servers.

But this is not the forum for that kind of help, I
will keep googling.  Since I seemed to have kppp
connecting properly, I was hoping to use that.

Time to roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty.

Beny

Tony Rein wrote:

> Sorry -- I came in in the middle of this thread. In
> case no one's already
> suggested it, here it is:
>
> Try wvdial. This is available in most Linux
> distributions. It's a command-line
> only wrapper around ppp and a few other programs, so
> you shouldn't have to
> get too intimate with them. Part of it is a script
> that runs and lets you
> type in answers for items like phone number, name
> password, etc, and writes
> configuration files and scripts that the main wvdial
> program uses. I think
> "pon" and "poff" that Michael Fox mentioned are part
> of the wvdial package;
> in any case they'll work with it.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Tony

"We are the Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
                                      Futility is resistant."