[mythtv-users] Starting up mythfrontend automatically?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Mon Dec 26 19:06:05 EST 2005

As you might have read my email I replied to someone else I tried
putting in /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend in the .xsession file - if I use
startx, it works fine but if I use GDM it doesn't :/

Might try someone's (joggl?) suggestion of using rungetty and then use
"startx" and .xsession together - probably making a script that calls
startx and add it to the bootup process using update-rc.d - would that work?

Cheers for your help again

Piers