[mythtv-users] Starting up mythfrontend automatically?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Mon Dec 26 18:54:55 EST 2005

Well, this is a netboot frontend - I don't want to use KDE which is way
overkill for MythTV only - I don't use it for anything else - also it is
a memory/resource hog for an "ancient" computer (P3 666MHz) plus use up
a lot of hard drive space on my server.

I personally prefer WindowMaker for day to day use anyway!

But anyway.  Tried your suggestion - you missed out the "local" bit -
should have been /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend - but anyway it works if I
use startx - but if I log in using GDM, it doesn't work.

Thanks very much for your help anyway!

Cheers - Piers