[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Dec 25 22:16:10 EST 2005

I thought I was having a problem when I first tried this, but it
turned out to be a lot of excess in/outputs turned on that didn't
need to be causing insane amounts of noise. I also didn't have my
capture level high enough so I was blasting my receiver to
compensate. Once I turned off anything I didn't need and adjusted the
levels, it was all good. I ended up only using Mic 1 for capture at
100, PCM set to 92, Wave set to 92 and Master set to 92. alsamixer
from a remote session helped a lot in my sound card config by playing
something on the myth front end and adjusting from remote session
until the audio levels were where I needed them to be. Then alsactl
store to retain the settings.