[mythtv-users] Fedora 4 PVR-350 Output problem

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 12:09:59 EST 2005

On 23/12/05, Matt Rude <mythtv-users at mattrude.com> wrote:
> I have a fresh install of mythtv running on Fedora 4 with a PVR-350
> I can record shows off TV just fine and watch them on my monitor. But when I
> try to output them to my TV throw the PVR-350 output I get no picture.
> I am un clear If I need to worry about the xorg.conf file or the
> XF86Config-4

Hi Matt,

If you're running the main MythTV GUI on your monitor and just want to
output LiveTV and PVR-350 recordings to your TV via the TV-out on the
PVR-350, you do not need to configure your xorg.conf file. However, if
you want to run everything through your PVR-350 and not use your
monitor at all, you will need to install the ivtv X driver and then
configure your xorg.conf file appropriately. Others posts in the this
thread detail this and it is also explained in Jarod's FC4 howto.