[mythtv-users] Re: Problems recording from second tuner

Shermann Min shermann at aya.yale.edu
Fri Dec 23 12:47:15 EST 2005

> I'd venture that in mythtvsetup, you have an input called "Television"
> specified that does not exist as an input in the ivtv tuner, so MythTV
> can't change to it. If you're using the tuner on the PVR-250, the ivtv
> input is called "Tuner" (in new ivtv versions) or "Tuner 0". Does
> changing this in mythtvsetup help at all?
>
> You can get details from ivtv using 'ivtvctl -a' - should give a list
> of all inputs the driver has allocated.
>
> Nick

I took a look, and it does indeed say Tuner 0 in mythtv-setup.
Running 'ivtvctl -d/edv/video1 -a' gives the following, which seems
to match up correctly.

        Input   : 4
        Name    : Tuner 0
        Type    : 0x00000001
        Audioset: 0x00000003
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x0000000000003000 ( NTSC )
        Status  : 0

'cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg' works as well, as does live TV tuning.
One thing I should add is that while channel scanning within
mythtv-setup finds all of my channels, it loses all the station
info (it just finds Channel 2 instead of KTVU for Channel 2, CSPAN
for Channel 22, etc.), so instead of scanning for channels on the
PVR-250, I choose to download it from zap2it. Should I not do
that? I do select 'Delete channels' after setting up my cards from
scratch, but I'm wondering if some channel information on the DB
isn't actually deleted and is causing some conflict?

Shermann