[mythtv-users] recommended ivtv and firmaware versions for PVR-500

Micha Kersloot micha at kovoks.nl
Thu Dec 22 16:10:20 EST 2005

Marius Schrecker schreef:
>>The problems I have is that the quality of the picture is noticable
>>worse than the broadcast quality. Without deinterlacing, there is quite
>>a lag in fast moving objects or a talk host who moves his head while he
>>talks, my girlfriend calls it 'octopus images' when arms and or legs are
>>involved. With interlacing the lag is less noticable, but the image does
>>shock now and then (like sometimes 1 or 2 frames are cut out).
>>I've got the idea it's problem with 25Hz pal and fglrx wich sets the
>>video-card to 60Hz, but i'm not sure. I'm not able to use the bob
>>deinterlace filter either, that looks like 1 frame is stuck and mixed
>>with the video.
>>I've got no idea if it helps to capture the pal stream with 30fps
>>framerate (to match the 60Hz output). But well.... let's try that ;-)
> Hi,  I gave up on bob after reading that it ONLY works with a 50 (or
> perhaps 100 Hz) refresh rate. The closest my flatpanel will go is 75, and
> I can confirm that that doesn't work. So I think 60 is most probably out
> too.

Hmm 'glad' to read that i'm probably looking in the right direction.

> I'm also having frame dropping issues, someone posted that it is a problem
> with myth at the moment (don't know what you built from). It's evidently
> expected to be fixed soon in svn. You might also like to check whether
> your running the frontend in realtime priority.

That would mean there are frames dropped? Hmm I thouth it just looked
that way becouse of the 50 - 60Hz deinterlacing problems.
By the way, I have set /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend and
/user/local/bin/mythtv to Suid root, but I keep getting :
2005-12-22 22:00:02.096 Realtime priority would require SUID as root.
in my logfile, any idea's about that?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Micha Kersloot

Op de hoogte blijven? Schrijf je nu in voor de nieuwsbrief!