[mythtv-users] Easiest installation?

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:37:28 EST 2005

On 12/22/05, Johan Venter <johan at vulturest.com> wrote:
> > I got it all working, then I configured the sql server to not just
> > bind on localhost. Grabbed knoppmyth and to my surprise I connected to
> > backend and could watch live tv/recorded shows via this quick booted
> > frontend on my laptop.
>
> Well that was easy. It took me a week and a half to get my first Myth
> box working, had to edit kernel drivers etc etc etc.

I'll write a howto in the new year for all those australians who are
interested. Will do it when I get back from Xmas break..

> > I am totally impressed and can see this setup being a huge advantage.
> > Certainly means I will consider purchasing the xmltv feed that is
> > available from a company in oz. As long as its upto date and works all
> > the time. I am happy to support them.
>
> I use Development1's feed, which as far as I know is freely available.
> There's a grabber available on the net (do a search for tv_grab_au).

Got a direct link to the latest version, as I will use it instead once
my test account from icetv runs out, however I might just sign up.
Although will consider it in the next few weeks, but I guess I will
use d1 feed until which time I cant.