[mythtv-users] pausing recording schedules

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Dec 21 14:10:21 EST 2005

Chris Rouch wrote:
> Is there a way to pause a recording schedule? What I mean by this is
> that normally I have a lot of programs set to record, but only one or
> two of these are really important. When I go on holiday I'd like to
> disable the unimportant ones so that my disk doesn't get so full that
> the important ones can't be recorded. Then when I get back I'd like to
> re-enable them.

On the recording options pages, Scheduling Options page, last
option allows you to set a rule to rsInactive. These will appear
in the schedule with the status character "x" but won't record until
you set it back to "active" This has existed since last January. http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/5133

There is a shortcut so you don't have to go into every rule to set
these. From the Recording Priorities page, you can press "P"ause
to toggle inactive. In the bottom half of the page, you'll see
"(Recording X of Y)" change to "(Inactive)" when you press "P".

--  bjm