[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:30:21 EST 2005

On 12/21/05, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
> > network channels, so like I'm in MA and get NH and RI channels as well... You
> > might be best off downloading all the state local channels as well. There
>
>  When picking US that is probably the best option. Save the user from
> having to run it several times.

Really what you have to do is do the US first... go through, skip any
that aren't in the US (local channels mainly).  However, if it is an
ABC channel, you'll find the generic ABC logo on US.  If you want your
stations ABC logo, you'll have to do state.  I prefer the local
logos... so after you run the US,  go in and edit the file...  Until
it's fixed, you must change the country code to the us-xx, where xx is
the state abreviation, the page count, and you MUST put a blank entry
in the master list that could look something like this:

master_list = {
                        'uk': {

                                },
                        'us': {

                                },
                        'us-il': {

                                },
                        'us-in': {

                                },
                    }

once it's edited, run it again.  Hit "s" to skip all the ones that
you've already entered for the US until you get to the local ones.
Then you should be able to search based on station callsign (i.e.
wxxx, kxxx).  Very easy to do.

Maybe in future versions it'll be able to search US as well as states
in a single run, but right now you are limited to one "country" code
at a time.

Matt

> > shouldn't be repeated call letters, but there might....
>
>  There should never be duplicated callsigns worldwide, let alone within a
> country. The "name" might be the same or duplicated but callsigns should never
> be.

There are several instances of same names and not too many cable
stations use callsigns.  Also, the station can have different logos
for different things.  WGN has 3 logos, MTV2 and many others have
logos for several different purposes/countries.

> > you'll need to include abbreviations in the search algorithm it looks like.
>
>  I think it should do a match against the callsign field first and if no
> matches are found then use the name.

the responses are actually based on the name of the icon... if you
look at the results, and then go to the website and right click on the
icons, that's the name.  That's what "E! Entertainment Television"
doesn't even show the right choice of the defaults that show up... you
litterally have to just hit 'f' and search "e" and it'll be the first
one because that's the name of the icon for E! Entertainment
Television.

Thanks!
Matt