[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Dec 21 11:26:01 EST 2005

> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/logo/tv/ww/wset_abc13_lynchburg.jpg" and the
> station name "WSET 13 Lynchburg" but doesn't find eityher.

 Ok, this was my fault. I  was pointing at "us" and not at the various states
as I assumed "us" would include all of them.   I've wipped all of my
existing icons, and modified my source to to also store the URL in my
channel table of the icon it found for easily generating a list of them
when I'm done.

 I also got channel dumps from a few friends with dishnet and have filled in
several hundred of those channels. So if we use external "master files"
, say with a default file and a command parameter override to point to a
specific file then it should be system to pull the callsign name and URL
out  and generate the files.   I've got about 80% of the icons done from the
dishnet 110w satellite as well as almost all of the stations available on my
local Cable ISP.