[mythtv-users] VideoOutputXv Error [SOLVED]

cardboil cardboil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:55:27 EST 2005

Thanks for the help, Carl.

(Details below for those who may need it...)

After some more digging I found the fix.  The was to use the following
options in addition to the usual TV out options in xorg.conf.  This is
specific to the fglrx driver.

<snip>
Option "VideoOverlay" "on"
Option "DesktopSetup" "clone"
Option "OverlayOnCRTC2" "1"
<snip>

Of course, this means that you will get good video (with xv support) on the
TV, but a blue screen on your primary display (monitor or, in my case,
laptop LCD).  Of course, you can switch that back and forth between monitor
and TV on the fly by issuing "aticonfig --overlay-on="[0/1].

I found these settings through http://suslikcentral.blogspot.com (posting on
Dec 14, 2005).