[mythtv-users] Easiest installation?

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Dec 21 05:00:47 EST 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 07:30, Johan Venter wrote:
> Michael Fox wrote:
> > On 12/21/05, Jake <jakeisawake at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>i'm also running svn on a debian box.  once you have all the
> >>dependencies figured out it is really very straight forward to compile
> >>myth.
> >
> > Any chance you could export you dpkg package list of installed
> > packages. Dont recall the command off the top of my head.
> >
> > Also are you running unstable? if not, what release
>
> I run unstable, and it's pretty easy working out Myth's dependencies
> when compiling from scratch: a) install the -dev libraries of all the
> dependencies listed in the README and b) just keep installing things
> until a make completes successfully :)
I love debian :)  But I run ubuntu on my laptop ;)
You can do this:
apt-get build-dep mythtv

And it will install all needed -dev packages for you you need .......

After that you can do
apt-get -b source mythtv

and it will build mythtv automagically for you.

(you need some deb-src in /etc/apt/sources for mythtv of course, mine is for
ubuntu:
deb-src http://be.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy multiverse)

Stef