[mythtv-users] Easiest installation?

Johan Venter johan at vulturest.com
Wed Dec 21 16:04:05 EST 2005

> I love debian :)  But I run ubuntu on my laptop ;)

I have Kubuntu on my laptop with an SVN frontend compiled which I use to
watch TV upstairs over wireless while I'm working on other stuff on my
main PC :)

Actually, Kubuntu standard installation already had many more of Myth's
dependencies installed than Debian, but we can just scratch that up to
the Kubuntu folks wanting to make *everything* work first go.

> You can do this:
> apt-get build-dep mythtv
>
> And it will install all needed -dev packages for you you need .......
>
> After that you can do
> apt-get -b source mythtv
>
> and it will build mythtv automagically for you.
>
> (you need some deb-src in /etc/apt/sources for mythtv of course, mine is for
> ubuntu:
> deb-src http://be.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy multiverse)

That's only if you want to compile 0.18 stable. Need to go the long way
(though not much longer) to get latest sources.

For the benefit of the original poster:

   # apt-get install subversion

Regards,

Johan