[mythtv-users] Problems with KWORLD VS TV 883 DVR PCI Interface TV Tuner, Video Capture Card

Linuxer Wang linuxerwang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 02:34:37 EST 2005

Hi, all

I got a KWORLD VS TV 883 DVR PCI Interface TV Tuner, Video Capture Card
today. After installing the newest kernel-2.6.15-rc6 of my FC3, I
installed both tvtime and mythtv.
Version of mythtv is 0.18.1.20050523-1.

At first tv channels didn't show, and after adding the following line to
modprobe.conf:
options cx88xx card=1 tuner=1
Some channels can work well.

Totally, I have the following problems:

1. Only 5-6 channels can work, although when changing channel it can
show up the title of all channels the xmltv knows.
2. The card is installed on my server, and I prefer to watch TV on my
laptop, so I setup the backend on server, and frontend on my laptop.
Unfortunately, the video can work on my laptop, while the audio is still
on the server! I hope someone can help me.
3. I noticed that the LED light of hard disk on the server flash quite
frequently when mythtv work, but it doesn't when tvtime work. I am
afraid this will shorten the lifetime of my harddisk. Can anyone give me
a suggestion?

Thank you so much,
Wang