[mythtv-users] Help getting KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T to work

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 01:06:07 EST 2005

On 12/21/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/12/05, Joacim J <jocke4news at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need some help to get my TV card (KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T) working.
> >
> > # uname -r
> > 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4
>
> This card should work straight out of the box in FC4 (I have 2 in a
> slave box and they were autodetected on installation and have worked
> ever since (2.6.12-1.1447_FC4). Why are you compiling the modules?
>
> Your dmesg shows:
>
> # dmesg
> CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 17de:08a6, board: KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T
> [card=14,autodetected]
>
> That looks like the card has been identified by the system. What is
> the output of
>
> ls -la /dev/dvb/adapter*
>
> If the DVB devices are present, chances are your card is already set
> up properly. Do you see something like this later in your dmesg:
>
> DVB: registering new adapter (cx88[0]).
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T)...
>

> Nick

Yes, I thought that to but then I didn't make it work and assumed that
it would need an re-install (Windoze syndrome ;-))

Here is one output:

[root at HTPC ~]# ls -la /dev/dvb/adapter*
ls: /dev/dvb/adapter*: No such file or directory

Searching in the mesg output, I can not find anything like you wrote.
Kworld or DVB are only present in the string as I wrote before.
So the registering of new adapter/frontend is not done, I assume.

Ok, what is the next step to take, please help!
BR Joacim