[mythtv-users] Help getting KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T to work

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:21:57 EST 2005

On 20/12/05, Joacim J <jocke4news at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help to get my TV card (KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T) working.
>
> # uname -r
> 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4

This card should work straight out of the box in FC4 (I have 2 in a
slave box and they were autodetected on installation and have worked
ever since (2.6.12-1.1447_FC4). Why are you compiling the modules?

Your dmesg shows:

# dmesg
CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 17de:08a6, board: KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T
[card=14,autodetected]

That looks like the card has been identified by the system. What is
the output of

ls -la /dev/dvb/adapter*

If the DVB devices are present, chances are your card is already set
up properly. Do you see something like this later in your dmesg:

DVB: registering new adapter (cx88[0]).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T)...

Nick