[mythtv-users] A/V Sync issue (searched through list, and followed howto.)

John Yonn galentin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:00:27 EST 2005

I'm taking my first shot at mythtv and having one major issue. I'm running a
decent system (Athlon 64 3200 / 1 gig ram) with a Happauge PVR 500. The
sound is on the nforce board recognized by linux as the intel 8x0. I've
tried switching between ALSA and OSS with the exact same results. Audio
occurs about 2 seconds or more before the video frame it should accompany
(this occurs in live tv as well as recording and replaying a show). This is
classic of the not muting thing in chapter 7 of the how to. Which I did read
and follow, also I've searched the list repeatedly. I have line in muted,
and set to capture.  However, the PVR 500's don't require a patch cable for
the audio, so I don't see how it could be that.

Any clues?

Thanks,
John