[mythtv-users] ATSC Channel.conf

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:54:55 EST 2005

On 12/20/05, David Ellis <david at ellisonline.ca> wrote:

> Hi Norm,
>
> Like yourself I have both a Rogers Digital TV Box, Rogers Analog (channels
> 1-80 or so), and recently Rogers Digital over QAM 256.
>
> With a HD3000 you can receive about 40 or so Digital TV stations that are
> transmitted unencrypted. I do this to receive channels 102 through about
> 130
> or so, plus some sports net channels. No HD stations are broadcast in the
> clear.
>
> As for a digital cable box, it's not "useless for Myth" I feed it into a
> PVR
> 250 card using SVideo, and use an IR Blaster to control the channel.
>
> David

Ok, I'm making some progress on this, but *wow*, this shouldn't be this
hard.  Not to discourage new folks - it's not crazy hard, just seems like we
could do a better job of centralizing info and automating processes....  I
know, I know, I'm welcome to do it.  Wish I understood better what I'm
doing, then maybe I would....