[mythtv-users] Thoughts please

sarvinc at fastmail.fm sarvinc at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 19 17:03:29 EST 2005

On Sunday 18 December 2005 09:02, Marty Ravell wrote:
> My questions therefore are :
>

> 1.	Can I rip a DVD in such a way as to produce nuv files that the 350's
> hardware decoder can display?
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Regards
>
> Marty

I can't answer your question and I've only really just begun to use MythTV so
if I'm wrong please, someone, correct me. However, I can offer an
alternative. When MythTV copies a DVD to the hard drive it's not saved as
a .nuv format anyway. So, why not use something like DVD::RIP, on the Linux
box that is accessable, to rip the DVD and copy it over to the backend after
transcode does it's thing? Video output should go through the 350 but audio
will have to be piped through a video card.