Nvidia dropped xv hardware scaling? WAS: (Re: [mythtv-users] Video card recommendation for 24" LCD (1920x1200))

Alex stangage70 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:32:03 EST 2005

On 12/19/05, Andy Leung <angelflow at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well that is starnge. This msg specifically stated
> that 6600 no longer support xv hardware scaling:

> Anyone knows what's the real scope here?

That states the overlay has gone away.  I do know the Window Vista
eliminates the overlay programming model in lieu of compositing.  Other
graphics hardware will loose the overlay function in the future.

I don't know what the XV structure requires, but HW scaling is not limited
to overlay support.  It can be in a different place in the pipe.