[mythtv-users] send additional command to STB

p.beard at blueyonder.co.uk p.beard at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 08:13:02 EST 2005

Hi,

I've set up Mythtv on my bedroom pc. I use a AV sender to enable it to
receive cable from my livingroom STB. All works ok. It can change channel
via a blaster.
I do have one problem though. Sometimes my provider will put a message up
on the screen. In normal use you have to press 'ok' to close the message
before you can change channel.

I'm using the remote that came with my Hauppauge PVR-150 to control
MythTV. The blaster then uses Philips RC6 commands to send to the STB
downstairs.
Is there a way I can use a button on the Hauppauge remote, that when
pressed will cause the blaster to send the Philips 'OK' command.

TIA

Patrick