[mythtv-users] mythtv kde autostart

Rick van der Mieden mieden8 at zonnet.nl
Sun Dec 18 18:03:55 EST 2005

I'm a bit lost with the startup sequence of X and kde.
I use gentoo and start with kde as the displaymanager (/etc/rc.conf)
I configured kde with kcontrol to login automatically to the mythtv user. In
/home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart I've irexec, mythfrontend, and LCDd to be
started. But this is not functioning very good. It will startup my
mythfrontend, but that's all. No irexec and no LCD, causing my remote not
functioning OK and I don't have my LCD display running. Besides that when I
first boot up the server, mythfrontend starts, but when i want to watch
LiveTV my X crashes, resulting in a black screen with the sound of the
selected channel, a crashing mythfrontend and an X process eating my CPU for
about 100%. If I kill the X process and startover kdm again, everything is
perfect.

So 2 questions:
1. Can someone explain how to startup the three progs at startup, and if my
description of the startup procedure is correct?
2. Can someone point me to the right direction with the crashing X?

Rick