[mythtv-users] PCHDTV3000 + FC4

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 17:18:37 EST 2005

I've just reconstituted my Myth box, converting from Gentoo to FC4 using
Jarod's guide and also adding a card (DVICO Fusion 5 Lite).

The box also has a pchdtv3000 and a pvr-350, both of which were working
under Gentoo (the 3000 using dvb).  I don't care the time being if the
Fusion works (though, it would be a bonus).  I think the 350 is working but
I'm not sure - can I get ptune from yum?

Ok, so the real question:  The 3000 doesn't seem to be working.  One
difference I've noted from Gentoo is that the firmware seems to be missing.
Not sure if that's ok now on FC4.  If not, the recommeded location
/usr....hotplug doesn't exist - do I just create it, must I install
something, or is it somewhere else?  Also, dvb channel scanning doesn't seem
to work, but I assume that's a firmware deal.  Anyone?  Jarod, you out
there?