[mythtv-users] Building first MythTV back end box...

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 00:17:58 EST 2005

On 12/16/05, Kirk Grell <kirkgrell at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I could bump down to PVR-150.  Main thing is that I
> really want as high quality of video as I can get
> before transcoding.  In terms of MPEG2, does output
> from the PVR-150 look as good as output from the
> PVR-350?

I have one of each.

I think the video on the 150 is a bit softer than the 350,
perhaps due to better comb filters.  Both cards work fine
with 18.1, and ivtv 0.4.1.  (I had problems getting
0.4.0 working on the 150 card, but it might have been
my H.U.A. disease.

My 150 card is MCE version, which includes a FM Radio tuner
but no TVout (because it has no decoder).

Note that in really small computer cases, the 150 fits better
than the 350, because the 350 is just enough longer to
impose some difficulty in small cases.

You can't beat the price of a 150.