[mythtv-users] Out of spec FSB speeds for a P3?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Fri Dec 16 08:10:49 EST 2005

Replying to Mike Wafkowski's email:

Hmm I seem to remember something about this - does this still apply to
my board that sets the multipiler via DIP switches?  Or does the DIP
switches just tell the processor what multipiler to use and the
processor can ignore this?  So what's the point of having DIP switches
that sets the multipiler on the motherboard?  Yes I do know half of the
switches sets the FSB speed, I'm referring to the other half that sets
the multipiler.

If so, will non HDTV MythTV work fine on a P3 500 on a 100MHz FSB?

Replying to Mechcozmo's (Brandon) email:

Yes I know higher FSB is better but this board only supports a maximum
of 100MHz FSB! :)

Thanks very much for both your help again!

Regards - Piers