[mythtv-users] fine tuning live

Martijn Morriën dj.escay at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 03:53:32 EST 2005

You could use MythWeb at the same time (or from another machine,
probably most convenient) to update the finetune values and then
switch channels while watching LiveTV, this should show direct
results.
Mass updating is also possible with MythWeb. You can change all
finetune values for all channels in one go. Another option is to
directly update the database (but I have no experience in that).

If you know the exact frequency of the channel you can calculate the
finetune value. Explanation can be found here
http://www.mythwiki.de/index.php/HOWTO_Mythfilldatabase (German explanation)
based on that information I created an online calculator a few months
ago (http://www.escay.nl/mythtv/frequency2channel.php)

Martijn