[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode doesn't rename and delete .tmp files after Slave transcode

jeff leads jleads at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 22:57:13 EST 2005

Hi, I appreciate the response! :-)

In my /etc/exports entry on my backend I am sharing
/myth as uid 105 and gid 105 which is mythtv:mythtv.
The gid and uid statements on the share force all
communications from my PC to write and read with that
permission (105) so I can read and write just fine
from my PC.  When mythtranscode runs on my PC it reads
the original X.nuv via nfs and writes the newly
transcoded X.nuv.tmp in the same directory /myth/tv
via nfs.  Have I missed something?

I have a hunch that while I'm not seeing my slave
backened PC delete the original X.nuv and rename the
X.nuv.tmp file to the original, that this is only part
of the problem.  I'm making the assumption that it is
a communication issue with my master backened but not
sure what all is needed.

On my Slave Backend PC; Mythfrontend runs fine,
mythjobquue communicates with the backend jobqueue and
will accept jobs from it, I have NFS mounted to /myth
on the backend and can read and write as mythtv:mythtv
(uid and gid 105 on the backend).  What else is
needed?

What scripts run when doing a transcode?  There has to
be a portion that does the delete/rename that is not
getting executed properly because of some subtle
difference between my Slave and Master.

Help.  :-)