[mythtv-users] make dvb and non dvb grabbers play nice

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:01:55 EST 2005

Hello, another EPG-related problem.  I've one DVB-S card with two
inputs (two LNBs, one Astra 19, the other Astra 28).  I've scanned
them in mythtv-setup, and then modified each channel's callsign,
channelnumber and xmltvid manually, in the screen provided.

In the database table "channel", this looks like this:

chanid  	 2062
channum  	3      <== modified by me
freqid  	 NULL
sourceid  	 2
callsign  	 3sat  <== modified by me
name  	3sat
icon  	 none
finetune  	 NULL
videofilters
xmltvid  	 C3sat.de  <== modified by me
recpriority  	 0
contrast  	 32768
brightness  	 32768
colour  	 32768
hue  	 32768
tvformat  	Default
commfree  	1
visible  	 1
outputfilters
 useonairguide  	1
mplexid  	 16
serviceid  	 28007
atscsrcid        0

I'm using tv_grab_de_tvtoday and tv_grab_uk_rt in favour over
tv_dvb_grab because they seem richer both in the number of days and
the information for each programme provided.

The xmltvid values are taken from the output of a tv_grab_de_tvtoday
and uk_rt, respectively.  My hunch was that the mythfilldatabase will
try to find channels which have xmltvids it knows about, and associate
these channels with the programmes it's importing.  However, after
having run mythfilldatabase, I find another  line in the channel
table, like this:

chanid  	1138   <== where does this value come from?
channum  	3
freqid
sourceid  	2
callsign  	 1138
name  	 3SAT
icon  	 /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/3sat.gif
finetune  	 0
videofilters
xmltvid  	 C3sat.de
recpriority  	 0
contrast  	 32768
brightness  	 32768
colour  	 32768
hue  	 32768
tvformat  	 Default
commfree  	 0
visible  	 1
outputfilters
useonairguide 0
mplexid  	 NULL
serviceid  	 NULL
atscsrcid       NULL

How does mythfilldatabase work? And how can I "merge" these two
channels (automatically, of course, I wouldn't want to do it manually
for each mythfilldatabase run) into one?

--
cheers,
Jakob.