[mythtv-users] Need help / suggestion for building a myth box

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:57:20 EST 2005

I should clarify my thoughts on MythMusic.

I don't think it is broken, I just down think its functionality stacks up
well against the competition.

For my purposes, the competition class is PCmusic playing software.  I
understand that for others the competition may be restricted to linux or
remote control operable programs.

I am constantly adding new music to my library and creating ad-hoc
playlists, and MythMusic doesn't really facilitate this type of behaivior.
Of course, I use ITunes and Rhapsody for music, so DRM issues prevent the
developement of any MythMusic module that would suit my needs.

If I ever get the  time, I'd like to implement a Myth music module with an
iPod like interface and a more detailed mode for use on high res terminals
with keyboard input.