[mythtv-users] Sell Me On a Remote / IR Receiver

Tony McDowell svet-am at cableone.net
Tue Dec 13 19:14:01 EST 2005

Well, I've just about got my Myth box up and running.  I'm going for a
"little bit" of overkill since this box will be a media *server* as well
as the Myth controller.  It's running on a Tyan Thunder S2567 with dual
1.0GHz Tualatins.  My TV receiver is the Hauppauge PVR-350.  So far,
it's all running satisfactorily.  However, as I bought the PVR-350 on
eBay, the seller neglected to include the remote or the IR receiver.

So, I'm in the market for one. This box is a christmas gift for my wife
(her request since she'd heard so much about MythTV), so I need the IR
and remote to be (a) easy to set up for me and (b) easy to use for her.

I'm open to just about anything since it's for the Mrs.

thanks all!