[mythtv-users] knoppmyth auto-fsck?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Tue Dec 13 19:26:55 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 03:37:47PM -0800, Alan wrote:
> I've had a couple of lockups on my knoppmyth based system and a couple
> of times the filesystem has needed manual fscking on boot, which on
> debian comes up before X loads, and therefor before things are visible
> on the TV on my headless system.  Does anyone know how to tell fsck to
> run with the -a (or whatever) flag which doesn't prompt for user
> interaction if this happens.

It already does this.  The only time the auto-fsck will stop for user
input is if there is a non-correctable error.  Note that with ext2/ext3
there will be a forced fsck after a period of time or a number of
reboots even if there's nothing wrong with the filesystem.  You can set
those intervals when the filesystem is first created or change them
using mtune.

On a headless system I *strongly* recommend a journalled filesystem so
that the auto-fsck just replays the log.

--
Joke template: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.