[mythtv-users] Xine issues

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 14:57:04 EST 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 14:39, Peter Osterberg wrote:

> > Any of the hardware-accelerated scaling methods would be better (xv,
> > xvmc, opengl, sdl ).  If one is shaky, try another.  At work, I have
> > Nvidia Vanta LT that doesn't like to do Xv really well, but using
> > OpenGL output works just fine.
> I'll try 'em all. I have a Radeon 9600 and a P4 3GHz so I guess that
> performance should be good enough. I only run 800x600 24 bit.

Your screen resolution won't affect the performance with xshm & software
scaling.  Scaling is scaling, more or less.  If the video is 720x480,
then unless your screen is also running at 720x480, it has to scale.
Doesn't matter too much how much it has to scale; just that it has to
do it at all.  You certainly have the horsepower to do xshm output, I
think, but if you can get xv/xvmc/opengl/sdl working, then I think
you'll be better off.

-JAC