[mythtv-users] X Bad_alloc Error

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Dec 13 13:36:09 EST 2005

This is not an HD level signal. It is supposed to be a digital QAM256
signal captured by an HD3000 card from a cable feed.

I looked at (glanced at...) the xorg log. I will have to go back and take
a much closer look at it.

I have had the 'file handle' problem for a while, but I thought that it
was due to using live-tv-'broken' SVN builds...

But it may well be due to my attempting to get the HD3000 card running
(using the cx88-dvb driver). I suppose that there could be an interrupt
share problem. The mb is a VIA SP130000 with on-board nic and on-board
I will have to check the BIOS.

I suspect that it is not from that source, because this error only arose
recently. I brought the mythbox to work and changed the display config to
1280x1024 to work with my desk LCD screen....however, I also downloaded
and installed a new SVN build (8205) at that time. It was a complete
reinstall, including the mysql database...
I do not know enough about how X works to understand what is (not) going

It could be that the svn build lets me get further and further into the
code structure before messing up! At the moment I get the failure further
'in' than I have ever got before....... Reminds me of playing Doom or
such... GI Joe dead! Play again?

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638