[mythtv-users] X Bad_alloc Error

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Dec 13 13:36:09 EST 2005

This is not an HD level signal. It is supposed to be a digital QAM256
signal captured by an HD3000 card from a cable feed.

I looked at (glanced at...) the xorg log. I will have to go back and take
a much closer look at it.

I have had the 'file handle' problem for a while, but I thought that it
was due to using live-tv-'broken' SVN builds...

But it may well be due to my attempting to get the HD3000 card running
(using the cx88-dvb driver). I suppose that there could be an interrupt
share problem. The mb is a VIA SP130000 with on-board nic and on-board
video.
I will have to check the BIOS.

I suspect that it is not from that source, because this error only arose
recently. I brought the mythbox to work and changed the display config to
1280x1024 to work with my desk LCD screen....however, I also downloaded
and installed a new SVN build (8205) at that time. It was a complete
reinstall, including the mysql database...
I do not know enough about how X works to understand what is (not) going
on.

It could be that the svn build lets me get further and further into the
code structure before messing up! At the moment I get the failure further
'in' than I have ever got before....... Reminds me of playing Doom or
such... GI Joe dead! Play again?

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638