[mythtv-users] Anybody working on Nokia 770 front end?

Kalle Pokki kalle.pokki at iki.fi
Tue Dec 13 03:04:14 EST 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Monday 12 December 2005 13:50, Mike Frisch wrote:
>

>>Is anybody working on a port of the MythTV front end to a Nokia 770?
>>

>I'm considering it.  Well, not a frontend port, but more of a smart remote
>application.  The thing doesn't really have the CPU to display normally
>recorded video from Myth.

Do you plan to include scheduling recordings, browsing the EPG and stuff
like that in the desing? Through the web browser or as a real hildon
application?

I have been thinking of using the 770 as a smart remote for the mvpmc,
as I don't have a frontend computer near the TV. It would be great if
the scheduling functionality was done directly with myth itself. I think
I could also find some time to contribute to this.

The 770 is actually capable to display MPEG-4 video, as it has
DSP-accelerated decoder for it. You just have to transcode to
low-resolution MPEG-4 first. The device comes with a pre-installed
trailer of the Ice Age, which looks pretty good. I wouldn't watch a
movie through the small screen, but for previews it should be ok.
Perhaps one could be fit a whole movie to a 512 MB memory card and watch
it on the road.