[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] Re: single source (cablebox) two input methods (pvr-150and firewire) work together?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:24:51 EST 2005

On Monday 12 December 2005 18:35, Graham Mitchell wrote:
> Haven't tried yet, should be there in a couple of months.... But I'm
> planning 2 lineups... one for the cable boxes (ch > 99), and one (well 2
> actually) for the analog channels (ch < 100). For the 5C ones, I have a
> 3rd 150  card I am going to hook up to my 2nd cable box for that (with a
> different lineup).

Yea, I think what I might do is get a regular box for what I'm using the
PVR-150 for right now and then use the firewire to the HD box for the
channels that have 5C=0.

> > they said that they can't give out more than one HDTV cable box per
> > account
>
> BullS%$t.... I have 2 HD boxes here... OK, they'll charge you $5 for the
> additional box, then screw you another $5 for the HD programming on that
> box too (ie 2 HD boxes cost $20).. I got a nice CSR at the local Comcast
> shop, and she waived the additional HD programming charge.

I'm going to try and call them a few more times tomorrow and see if I can't
talk to anyone that will let me get two boxes. If not I'll just get a regular
digital cable box for the other channels.

Then I'll need to find a way to tune the channels on the non-HD box...

--
Steve