[mythtv-users] PAL tv output PVR350; X display screen size is to small

Tom th.tom at gmx.de
Mon Dec 12 07:31:38 EST 2005

Am Montag, 12. Dezember 2005 13:02 schrieb Cudeso MailList:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a freshly installed MythTV on Gentoo Linux, running kernel 2.6.14
> with ivtv 0.4.0-r2. I'm using a Hauppauge 350. Watching live tv and
> recordings is no problem through the "tv-out" of the PVR350.
>
> However, when I display "mythfrontend" on the X-display (which is directed
> through the tv-out to my tv) or when I display the "electronic program
> guide" while watching live-tv, the screen size is a little bit wrong. The
> actual displayed screen is smaller than what X thinks so I lose a couple of
> pixels on the "sides". Enough pixles though so that the EPG and the menus
>
> >from mythfrontend become unusuable.
>
> Any hints on how to solve this?

Yes: try to set "start mythtv in a window" (or some of that kind in the mythtv
setup) and adjust the window size to your needs (also in that setup). I'm not
at home, so I don't know the correct place and name, but it's there ;-).

That works perfect for me, however the OSD does not use this (re)size, so
maybe anybody else knowns, how to solve the OSD problem.

Regards Tom