[mythtv-users] livetv zoom modes

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Mon Dec 12 06:54:52 EST 2005

Hi again,

I'm playing with the zoom modes for live TV using an analogue 4:3 signa on
a 16:9 tv @ 1368x768.

Ideally I'd like to be able to zoom in so that I lose a bit of the top and
bottom and the image fills the screen to the sides whilst maintaining
aspect ratio.

The builtin "fill" mode seems to zoom in too far and gives me a frozen
horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen which is the bottom of the
image at the moment I enter the mode (hit "W"). Have an image I can attach
if anyone wants to see. As the docs say that fill is for filling a 4:3
screen with a 16:9 image, I'm guessing it's not intended for my use.
What's the recommended way of acheiving what I want?

Cheers

Marius