[mythtv-users] PVR-250 setup

mythtv at jehster.net mythtv at jehster.net
Sun Dec 11 22:25:05 EST 2005

I'm having a tough time getting Myth to work right with a PVR-250 and I'm
hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

The first (seemingly) odd think I notice is that the inputs reported by
the ivtv module don't match up with the physical inputs on the card. For
video, the card has a tuner (coax), S-Video, and composit input. But the
ivtv module reports 5 composites ('Composite 0' through 'Composite 4'),
one Tuner (Tuner 0), and 4 S-Video ('S-Video 0' through 'S-Video 3).

Through ivtvctl, I set the video input to use 'composite 0' and the audio
input to use 'Audio Line In'. Phsycally, I have my digital cable box
s-vide out connected to the s-video in on the card. I also have a dual
RCA-to-mini connected between the cable box and the PVR-250 for audio.

When I navigate to watch TV through Myth, everything works fine for a
split second (no joking). I get audio and video for about half a second or
so before the audio stops and the video freezes for about 20 seconds.
After that, I get dumpted back into Myth with the error "Error was
encountered while displaying video".

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Roy