[mythtv-users] Multiple time zone scheduling question

Allan McIntosh amcintosh at atreus-systems.com
Sun Dec 11 21:12:40 EST 2005

A few responses place inline....

> I see. This is an entirely different topic than your first post
> even hints at. You're not getting 3 episodes per day for "Grey's
> Anatomy" are you?

I agree, the Simpson's situation was different from the Grey's Anatomy
but it only became apparent through our discussion.

> So now on to this new topic:
>
>> Perhaps what I am looking for is "Find and record an origional
>> airing" or something.
>

> That's a duplicate matching option rather than a recording type.
> In the recording options "Scheduling Options", the item for where
> to look for dups has "Record new episodes only" which is normally
> in the first 14 days from the original air date.
>

>> Okay,  but I would like to include other showings at other times or
>> from other stations but only today when the new episodes come out.
>

> But "today" isn't significant, "new episodes" is.

Ahhhh, where  ahhhh == paradigm shift.

> For example, we
> know that Survivor has new episodes on Thursday, right? So if you
> made a rule to just record Survivor on Thursday's only, depending
> on when you read this, you may have already missed the one time only
> season finale Sunday night.

Yes, yes, I have been nipped by this situation before. Who would have
known a grown female could get so upset because America's Next top model
didn't record????

> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.5
>
> program.title LIKE 'Survivor: %'
> AND DAYNAME(program.starttime) = 'Thursday'
>
> This would record any time or channel on Thursday but it's the
> wrong solution. We could also create a rule to only record on
> the originalairdate and that may catch a new MythBusters at 9pm
> for it's first airing but if there were a conflict, it couldn't
> choose the 2am rebroadcast (next day's date) or any other showing
> ever.

Ahhh, thank you Bruce. I feel so much better. Thank you for the
discussion this was very enlightening. This makes absolute sense.