[mythtv-users] please bless this system

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 16:22:23 EST 2005

On 12/11/05, tgate <tgate at mypublic.net> wrote:
> Some questions in particular are:
>      1) does the mobo need an IDE hard drive as the boot device or
> can I use sata?

No. Linux supports booting from SATA.

>      2) does the mobo support the vfd and ir from the LC11m?

IIRC, it's a USB connection, so the question is "Does Linux support
the VFD and IR" (To which, I think, the answer is "Yes, with LCDProc
and LIRC"

>      3) does the cd/dvd drive fit in the LC11m case and is it easy to
> detatch the drive door face? (wouldn't think I had to worry about
> this but I found out the hard way)

That DVD would fit fine, the only "Gotcha" would be that you'd need to
adjust the "Eject Button Presser" in the case, but that's a matter of
1 screw and a bit of lining up before you re-assemble.

>      4) Is there anything else I need?

I think that'll do you nicely.

>      5) do all these components play nice with one another?

I've heard no complaints.

>      6) Have people had good luck with using a micro atx motherboard?

I'm using one Myself (The same case, sans VFD, Socket A/AGP rather
than PCI-E, and twin PVR-250's) with no problems at all (Once I solved
the "Cheapo ASRock Motherboard/Crappy SiS AGP Implementation" problems
that you won't run into with this board).
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston