[mythtv-users] please bless this system

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Sun Dec 11 16:00:36 EST 2005

We recently bought a new Home Entertainment cabinet and of course my
Devine 5 case won't fit into it so it gives me a good excuse to
"need" a whole new system.  I've had my share of buying hardware that
wasn't compatible with each other and I'd like to be fairly sure this
time around.  This is what I'm thinking of getting, i'd love it if
someone could point out any obvious problems they may see with it.

Some questions in particular are:
     1) does the mobo need an IDE hard drive as the boot device or
can I use sata?
     2) does the mobo support the vfd and ir from the LC11m?
     3) does the cd/dvd drive fit in the LC11m case and is it easy to
detatch the drive door face? (wouldn't think I had to worry about
this but I found out the hard way)
     4) Is there anything else I need?
     5) do all these components play nice with one another?
     6) Have people had good luck with using a micro atx motherboard?

case:     Silverstone LC11m    w/pcie expansion riser.
               http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-lc11m.htm
mobo:   Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro
ATX AMD Motherboard
               http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?
item=N82E16813186086
processor: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939
Processor Model ADA3700BNBOX    (2.2GHz)
               http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?
item=N82E16819103539
memory: Patriot "Extreme Performance" 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400
(PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model PEP5123200LL
               http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?
item=N82E16820220018
hard drive:  Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA
3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
               http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?
item=N82E16822144417
CD/DVD: NEC Silver IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3550A
               http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?
Item=N82E16827152060
Graphics card:  Albatron trinity NVidia GeForce 6600 PCIExpress
Tuner Cards: two HD5000 OTA HDTV cards

Thanks for anything you may pick out.