[mythtv-users] TiVo remote on KnoppMyth

Rick Strobel rstrobel at infotime.com
Sat Dec 10 23:44:36 EST 2005

OK, some success.  Here's the first stage of what I tried, but which I think
was made irrelevant by the second stage.  I followed this readme:
[quote]LIRC kernel modules source for DEBIAN
=====================================

In the Debian packaging of LIRC, kernel module sources are installed in
/usr/src/lirc-modules.tar.gz. In order to build them, you should:

        cd /usr/src
        tar -xzf lirc-modules.tar.gz

You will now have a directory called lirc under /usr/src/modules, please
read
/usr/src/modules/lirc/README for further instructions.
root at mythtv:/usr/share/doc/lirc-modules-source#[/quote]When I tried the
"further instructions" I got lost and gave up.

The next thing I tried (which worked) was recompiling LIRC based on this
Knoppmyth wiki article:
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=LIRCHowTo

When I tried to start lircd did I was told it couldn't find lircd.conf in
/etc so I copied it there.  The lircd.conf file was originally called TIVO
and I'm pretty sure it's the right one for my remote.  My remote is for a
Series 1 TiVo.

ONE PROBLEM - only the Play and Pause buttons work.  The replay button
starts the video at the beginning instead of jumping back 8 seconds like it
does on a TiVo, but I guess that's for another thread.  None of the other
buttons on the remote seem to have any effect

Here's the text of that file:
[code]root at mythtv:/usr/local/sbin# cat lircd.conf
#
# This config file has been automatically converted from a device file
# found in the 06/26/00 release of the Windows Slink-e software
# package.
#
# Many thanks to Colby Boles of Nirvis Systems Inc. for allowing us to
# use these files.
#
# The original filename was: "tivo.cde"
#
# The original description for this device was:
#
# tivo tx file
#

begin remote

  name  TIVO
  bits           32
  flags SPACE_ENC
  eps            20
  aeps          200

  header       9000  4500
  one           562   562
  zero          562  1687
  ptrail        562
  repeat       9000  2250
  gap          46000
  toggle_bit      0

  frequency    40000

      begin codes
          TIVO                     0x000000005EF3FFF0
          LIVETV                   0x000000005EF377F8
          UP                       0x000000005EF3D7F8
          DOWN                     0x000000005EF397F8
          RIGHT                    0x000000005EF357F8
          LEFT                     0x000000005EF317F8
          THUMBSDOWN               0x000000005EF3E7F8
          THUMBSUP                 0x000000005EF3A7F8
          SELECT                   0x000000005EF367F8
          RECORD                   0x000000005EF3FBF4
          PLAY                     0x000000005EF37BF4
          CH+                      0x000000005EF387F8
          CH-                      0x000000005EF307F8
          REV                      0x000000005EF3BBF4
          FWD                      0x000000005EF3DBF4
          PAUSE                    0x000000005EF33BF4
          SLOW                     0x000000005EF35BF4
          REPLAY                   0x000000005EF39BF4
          JUMPTOEND                0x000000005EF31BF4
          1                        0x000000005EF3EBF4
          2                        0x000000005EF36BF4
          3                        0x000000005EF3ABF4
          4                        0x000000005EF32BF4
          5                        0x000000005EF3CBF4
          6                        0x000000005EF34BF4
          7                        0x000000005EF38BF4
          8                        0x000000005EF30BF4
          9                        0x000000005EF3F3FC
          CLEAR                    0x000000005EF3B3FC
          0                        0x000000005EF373FC
          ENTER                    0x000000005EF333FC
      end codes

end remote[/code]

What do you think is wrong?  Do I need a different file for my remote?  If
so do I need to recompile again?  Any suggestions at all???