[mythtv-users] New widescreen theme coming soon (a little OT)

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 20:54:43 EST 2005

On 12/8/05, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:

>  There are a few of them now...  Minimalist was designed as a proof of
> concept.  Post 18.1 it received a facelift that's not yet finished.
> Hopefully I'll get it wrapped up before .19.

Donavan,

I actually like Minimalist quite a bit.  The *background* blue is a
little too bright, on my TV, but most of the time I do not notice.

I have actually spent a little time tweaking the positions a bit:

Watch Recordings:
  * Cut indicator was too far right -- hidden under the preview if
preview was turned on
  * Description box was far narrower than it needed to be when preview
was turned off.

Delete Recordings:
  * Description text was off to the left, and not tall enough.
  * Channel area was not large enough for some of my channel names.

On just about every screen, the Selector Area did not provide enough
room for a "short date" format of "MM/DD DoW"

Set Priorities is a mess.  Have not touched that yet.  Not sure what
you want that screen to look like.

System Status screen could make better use of screen real estate, but
once again, I am not sure what your plans are, there.

I have attached a patch for the above changes.

Thanks for another great theme!

John