[mythtv-users] Need to prioritise cards/inputs for live tv

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 19:52:40 EST 2005

On 12/10/05, tom at redpepperracing.com <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> >> For live, by default it chooses an available card with the same
> >> hostname as the requesting frontend. If none, it chooses the lowest
> >> numbered cardid that is available.
> >
> > Yet this is clearly not the case in my example.  The slave's tuner
> > always is selected first for watching live tv.
>
> Have you selected the option 'prefer recording over live tv' option set?
> That's not the exact wording, but it's something like that.

Would love to find that...

Is it in mythtv-setup or just the regular setup in mythfrontend?

My Mythbackend is also the frontend that I sit at most of the time
and since it reaches out and grabs the slave's tuner first
I end up putting all that traffic on my local network. This hasn't
been a significant problem but its an annoyance I'd like
to clear up.